W-8BEN फ़ॉर्म को पूरा करने का तरीका
Form W-8BEN (Substitute)—Certificate of Foreign Status of Beneficial Owner for United States Tax Withholding and Reporting (Individuals)
Airbnb uses the simplified “substitute” version of an IRS Form W-8BEN to verify the foreign tax status of non-US Hosts who are individuals and do not have any US listings. Non-US Hosts who are individuals and have US listings generally will provide Form W-8ECI. US tax residents should provide Form W-9 regardless of where their listings are located. Before completing your substitute Forms W-8BEN, we strongly recommend consulting an independent tax advisor regarding which IRS form (W-8BEN, W-8ECI, W-9, W-8BEN-E) is the correct form to fill out in your case. However, in general:
If you are a non-US individual and do not receive any payouts from a US-based listing, complete Form W-8BEN to certify your foreign status.
If you are a non-US corporation, partnership, or trust and do not receive any payouts from a US-based listing, complete Forms W-8BEN-E. Please contact us for further information.
If you are a non-US individual or entity and receive any payouts from a US-based listing, complete Form W-8ECI. Providing a W-8BEN associated with a US listing will result in 30% tax withholding on that portion of your hosting income associated with your US listing.
- If you are a U.S. person, please refer to Form W-9 Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification.
Note that not every non-US Host will necessarily be prompted to provide Forms W-8BEN or Form W-8ECI. Generally speaking, Airbnb will request these forms from non-US Hosts with certain indicia of US tax status, including but not limited to, having one or more US listings. Other factors that can trigger our requesting a W-8BEN form can include:
- Your instructing Airbnb to make a payout to a US bank account
- You providing Airbnb a US telephone number for contact purposes
- You providing Airbnb a US residence or mailing address, or
- Other certain indicia of US status (ex: uploading US government-issued identification)
Every US tax resident Host should provide a Form W-9 regardless of where their listings are located.
Form W-8BEN (Substitute) fields
Identification of beneficial owner
Taxpayer legal name
Enter your full legal name.
Country/region of citizenship
Enter the country of which you are a citizen.
- If you are a US citizen, do not complete this form. Instead, complete a W-9.
- If you are a dual citizen, enter the country where you are both a citizen and a tax resident at the time you complete this form. If you are not a resident in any country in which you have citizenship, enter the country where you were most recently a tax resident.
US tax ID number (optional)
If you have a US Taxpayer Identification Number – either a social security number (SSN) or an individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN) – enter it here. If you do not have a US tax ID number, leave this field blank. Note: If you have a US tax identification number and have US listings/experiences, please consult with a tax advisor to ensure that Form W-8BEN is the correct form for you.
Foreign tax ID number (optional)
Enter your foreign tax ID number issued by your country of tax residence. If you do not have one, you may provide an explanation (e.g. if you are a tax resident in a jurisdiction that does not issue tax ID numbers, you can note "Not legally required").
Permanent residence address
Your permanent residence address is the address in the country where you claim to be a resident for income tax purposes.
- Do not use a PO Box or “in care of” address.
- This generally should NOT be a US address. If it is, you will be required to provide additional documentation.
If your postal address is different from your permanent address, please untick the box to provide a postal address for your tax form. This is the address where we will post your year-end tax information report, if applicable. As with your permanent residence address, your postal address generally should not be a US address. If it is, you will be required to provide additional documentation.
Typing your name acts as your signature and certifies that you have capacity to sign for the person/entity identified on this form.
- मेज़बानW-8ECI फ़ॉर्म को पूरा करने का तरीकाअपना W-8ECI फ़ॉर्म भरने के तरीके के बारे में जानकारी पाएँ
- मेज़बानयूएस में इनकम टैक्स रिपोर्टिंग का ओवरव्यूयूएस की कंपनी होने के नाते, हमें यूएस से पैसे कमाने वाले मेज़बानों से कुछ खास तरह की करदाता जानकारी इकट्ठी करनी पड़ती है।
- मेज़बानW-9 फ़ॉर्म को पूरा करने का तरीकाअपना W-9 फ़ॉर्म भरने के तरीके के बारे में जानकारी पाएँ।